Friday, December 12, 2008

Complaints.

So it's no surprise that my main goal for going to college is to obtain a PhD in Holocaust and Genocide Studies as well as becoming a professor in the field. For the most part when I tell people this they usually go "Oh, that's interesting" because they get the point that I want to teach people about tolerance and how maybe future generations can prevent genocide(s) and I'm pretty involved in human rights. But the other day at work I told a woman (who is Jewish) about my career plans and she goes "WHY?? its so depressing, let it be in the past."...WHAT?? this coming from someone who more than likely had family members affected by the holocaust. I felt like telling her "Yeah well, I'm a manic depressive that may or may not have borderline personality disorder and that stuff gets my rocks off!!" Jesus man...Also she wouldn't listen to why I wanted to go into it "Its so depressing, so so depressing." Everyone is a critic.

No comments: