Saturday, March 21, 2009

I found out yesterday that my ex-boyfriend (the one who went kinda insane, got into drugs, went to prison for beating someone up) is working at a local...sandwich place.

I don't feel like I thought I would, which is kinda weird. My co-worker, who I've known since high school, told me he ran into him. He's in a serious relationship (could be married, I don't really know) and she's pregnant, and he wants to become an engineer of some sort. I was expecting my self to roll my eyes, say something not nice and get upset over it...but I'm not. I was also once concerned about what would happen if we ran into each other...but I'm not. I can honestly say I'm glad he's in a happier place in life and is continuing steps in order to better himself and his g.f / family. As rocky and disastrous as our relationship was and how hurt the both of us were (took me a looong time to get over it - and I had the ''nurse curse'' where I would try to fix him...didn't work...also did it with a previous relationship) all I ever wanted was him to be happy with life (he had a long hard run for a while) I also have and will have a soft spot for him - because I know what he can do and how smart he is, BUT, I am in no way shape or form condoning how we treated each other while we were together- got hairy between us...emotionally- and I'm almost certain it would've gotten to a physical point if we stayed with each other. So it's safe to say that I've let bygones be bygones in this case which I though I WOULD NEVER do, I just hope he feels the same. But if he doesn't that's OK.

getting older and more mature is weird.

No comments: