Monday, April 14, 2008

I am so irked about what happened at work today I have to talk about it. So, I'm cleaning up/putting everything away and getting ready to leave, while I'm in the walk-in putting the milk away I hear people yelling, of course I thought nothing of it thinking it was just people making sure someone heard them. I leave the walk-in and realize the assiatant cook (who we'll call Mr. J) and a co-worker of mine (who we'll call Ms. L) are bitching at each other because Mr. J put all the food away before Ms. L could get some. First off let me tell you its common knowledge that at 5:30 the steam line is broken down and all the food pans are brought into the kitchen so the staff can get their meals, but Ms. L lolly-gagged and didn't get her food in time so now she is all in a tissy because of it, and instead of talking to each other like human beings they both just start yelling at each other. At this point I'm ready to leave and getting angry because its been going on for 10 minutes and neither one of them have tried to defuse the situation like adults. THEN Ms. L's boyfriend who also works where I work (I'll call him Mr. R) comes in with his chest puffed out arms out and he didn't have any fists but I could tell from his body language that he was willing to make a fist. ANYWAY while Mr. J is in the bathroom getting dressed into street clothes Mr. R comes in and goes "I'M GOING TO KNOCK HIM THE FUCK OUT, NO BODY DISRESPECTS YOU BABY!! NO ONE!!"...that was my que to clock out and go. I felt like telling Mr. R that this isnt a white trash bar and to chill out but I didn't want to escalate the situation so I left. I'm probably going to get a phone call tomorrow from my boss wanting to know what happened. Fucking people.

No comments: