Sunday, June 07, 2009

Abortion debate reborn

As we all know a doctor who performed third trimester abortions was shot and killed IN CHURCH last week, and now all the anti-abortion advocates/activists are coming out of the wood work. As most know I support a woman's choice to have an abortion - big deal, but I also hate the term "pro-life" let me elaborate... I think people in general (except those who don't take medication for their VARIOUS mental illnesses) are pro-life. I support a woman's right to choose what she thinks is right for HER OWN BODY, but I don't support a woman using abortion as a form of birth control and if you decide in your 4th, 5th, 6th + month you don't want to carry to term and want an abortion when your life or the fetuses isn't threatened - tough shit you had ample time to decide and adoption is a great option.

But there is one thing that REALLY gets under my skin...which is the men that I have seen on TV who are anti-abortion "activists". I know we live in America and people have the freedom to choose what they do/don't support and that's really cute but com'on. Men will never understand the pressures women face around the world - now I'm not saying women are better or anything like that but they don't have a uterus, they've never been told by the media what their body should look like, they've never been forbidden to vote, work etc etc. Simple fact is, is that they just won't and never will understand (just like women will never know what its like to piss standing up - unless...) So my advice to men who are anti-abortion - don't go on TV leave it up to your sheltered, submissive wives who couldn't argue their way out of a goddamn episode of Hannah Montana.

PS. I was "kinda" teaching my younger siblings how to light things on fire with a magnifying glass and in the process set my own pants on fire and burnt my big toe. I guess that's what you get for trying to teach a 8 and 3 year old how to be arsonists.

No comments: